Using multiple access providers, a centralized firewall, End-to-End Quality of Experience and link-level bonding, this School Board was able to create a highly redundant, feature-rich WAN to replace its MPLS network.
Cost-containment was the driving factor in this School Board’s decision to choose Bonded Internet™ over MPLS. Using Bonded Internet™, the school was able to bond relatively low-cost EoC and ADSL connections from two different providers in order to deliver necessary uptime and bandwidth for the maximized experience of its staff and students.
- Bonded Internet™ Encryption was added for increased transport protection from vulnerability.
- Bonded Internet™ Quality of Service was enabled for VoIP calls and interactive application usages.
The configuration of the WAN included the following services delivered to each school:
- ISP 1 – Ethernet over Cable – 50Mbps x 2Mbps
- ISP 2 – ADSL2+ (two) – 15Mbps x 10Mbps
- Bonded Internet™ Bonding Service
- Bonded Internet™ Encryption Module
- Bonded Internet™ Adaptable Quality of Service Engine Module
Total Per School Bandwidth: 80Mbps x 22Mbps
For more information on how to sell or deploy a Bonded Internet™ WAN for your business, contact us here.