SD-WAN (Software-Defined Wide Area Network) integrates off-the-shelf Internet circuits to deliver secure, Private Wide-Area Networks at lower cost. It increases bandwidth per site and increases speed to deploy, bringing branches online faster. It’s a technology that businesses are rapidly adopting. (10 Reasons to Use SD-WAN)
- Gartner Inc. predicts that 30% of enterprises will deploy SD-WAN in their branches by the end of 2019. And that SD-WAN managed services will grow at a CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) of 84.7% between now and 2022.
- The SD-WAN connectivity market is expected to grow by over 16x from now to 2022 to hit $28.5 B at a CAGR of 75.1%.
- The SD-WAN hardware (customer) market is expected to grow by over 3x from now to 2022 to hit $1.75 B at a CAGR of 30.2%.
- The SD-WAN hardware (vendor) market is also expected to grow by over 3x from now to 2022 to hit $1.5 B at a CAGR of 30.5%. Vendor hardware is the share of customer hardware spend that the vendor actually realizes.
- The SD-WAN market, as a whole, is expected to grow from $2.4 B to $34.9 B between now and 2022.
Service providers are rapidly turning to SD-WAN to solve issues related to cost, flexibility, and scalability. It’s putting control and power in their hands. With SD-WAN, Service Providers are able to turn up branches faster and service customers of all sizes across the globe, expanding their market reach and revenues profitably (SD-WAN Overview Video). Traditional WAN is no longer making the cut.
Gartner, Inc.: Forecast: Enterprise Networking Connectivity Growth Trends (2018).
Gartner, Inc.: Market Share: Enterprise Network Equipment by Market Segment, Worldwide, 1Q18 (2018).